CITB Health and Safety Awareness
Who is the Health and Safety Awareness course for?
This fully-accredited course is an ideal foundation for those wishing to obtain an industry accreditation card as it helps with preparation for the Construction Skills Health & Safety Test.
Courses Aims and Outcomes:
This Health and Safety Awareness course provides an introduction to health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, identifying the duties of employees and employer and explains what to do if risk is not effectively controlled.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Identify employee responsibilities for looking after themselves and others
- Understand why they are carrying out their identified duties while explaining what is expected of them to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- Understand the need to prevent accidents.
- Understand health and safety law.
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site.
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements and appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure.
- Understand the need to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident or further recurrence of unsafe acts.
Course Content Includes:
- Accident prevention
- Health and safety law
- Risk assessments
Completion of the course:
The method of assessment will be by a 30 minute, 25 question, objective multiple-choice examination at the end of the course, as well as being expected to be interactive during the course. Successful candidates will be awarded the CITB Construction Site Operatives Safety Certificate.
Course Duration: 1 Day
Open Course Cost From: £149 + VAT per person
In-House Cost: Please call to discuss
(Multi-delegate discounts available)