Who is the Safe Excavation course for?
The Level 2 Award in Utlity Avoidance and the Location of Buried Services is aimed at site managers, supervisors and excavation operatives to give them an understanding of how to avoid danger from underground services. It is also appropriate for site operatives responsible for clearing an area prior to and during an excavation.
Course Aims and Outcomes
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Understand published guidance covering utility avoidance in the location of buried services in construction
- Understand the importance of regulations related to the location of buried services in construction
- Understand the advantages of obtaining accurate information related to the positioning of underground services
- Understand the requirements for the maintenance of underground service location equipment
- Recognise electro-magnetic fields and their relationship to underground service location
- Close out a site
The awarding organisation for this qualification is the ProQual awarding body and the regulatory body is The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulations (Ofqual.)
The specification for these qualifications has been apporoved by the Welsh Government for use in centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessments (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
This qualification has been accredited onto the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF.)